Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Latest

Two summers ago this story happened. I desperately needed to go grocery shopping and the girls were winning about now wanting to go to Meijer. I told them they could pick out a fish if they did not complain or fight while we were in the store. I know I shouldn't use bribery, but sometimes it keeps me sane. The girls were thrilled about a new pet and were as good as can be while I shopped. We stopped by the fish section and they picked out a blue and red beta fish. We already had a fish bowl at home so all we needed were some rocks and food. While I finished shopping, they took turns holding the bag with the fish and they picked out the name 'beauty' for it. I had heard that these fish only last about a few months, so I figured every few months I could use this trick again. Well, to my surprise beauty was a strong fish and just died this week.

Say goodbye to beauty. Wow, my toilet needs to be cleaned! The girls were not sad that she died. Actually, they lost interest in her a loooong time ago.

Here is a picture I took last night of the house. The painters were there putting on the first coat of paint.

6 comments:

Cheeky said...

fish = gross
house = opposite of gross

Jean said...

probably a good thing you found it before the cat did... :)

your house is looking great!! is there a 2nd story (or are the upper windows decoration)? When do you get to move in?

D, L, M, C, J and R said...

jenna - i love the comment. you always make me laugh.

the cats had been drinking the fishwater rather than their own. i'm sure they would have enjoyed eating the fish since they get the same food every day.

the dormer window is purely decorative. i think we should be able to move in some time mid-late november.

jean - will you be in michigan around christmas time?

Anonymous said...

I almost spit out my wine over the fish...gross! Sorry girls. :(

Love the house. Can't wait to see photos of the inside.

Hope you are doing well! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

I didn't see any pink mold in the toilet so you are doing better than me!!! :) The house is beautiful!!! I can't wait to see you this weekend! :)

Jean said...

We're hoping to make it home, but at $450+ a ticket, it's looking less likely, which really, REALLY stinks.