Saturday, December 13, 2008

Sorry Everyone

When I started this blog, I had high hopes of keeping it updated daily. I have failed miserably the past few months. Well, here is a brief recap of events since I last posted.
  • The weekend away in Schaumburg was great. It was fun reconnecting with Michigan friends and buying lots of stuff for the new house at Ikea.
  • My parent visited us the end of October. The kids had fun trick-or-treating with Grandma and papa.

  • Jett shared some news with his sisters. They were wondering why Mommy's tummy didn't feel good and why she needed to lie on the couch.
  • We had Thanksgiving dinner with David's sister's family who live 5 minutes from us. This was our first Thanksgiving not at one of our parent's houses. I even prepared 2 dishes - squash and a green bean casserole - and brought bread and a pie.
  • The end of November, David and other generous helpers moved all our stuff from the rental house to our new house (2 miles away). The kids and I were sick that weekend, so we were useless.
  • The girls highlight of the new house...

  • As of today we are still unpacking boxes and putting stuff away. David is working on the mudroom lockers. I am itching to get pictures on the walls and make the place more homey. I promise to post pictures once the place is more in order!

6 comments:

Jean said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Love how you slipped that one in there!!! And congrats on moving into your place!!! Can't wait to see the special touches! :)

anne said...

Congratulations! I can't believe how big your kiddos are getting! :)

Cheeky said...

Hooray! I was wondering how long before this type of announcement might show up. How exciting that you're in your new house, too. So many good things in Lisa's life.God is so good.

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa, I must confess I only visit the blog occasionally, but when I do I love to see the pictures of the kids. They are so big! Congrats on moving into your own home. I heard the "big news" from your grandma Pearl. I hope you aren't feeling too under the weather this time. Please post your new address on the blog. I'd like to send a Chrsitmas card.

Anonymous said...

Lowe the pictures....they are getting so big. I loved Jett's shirt, great way to make the announcement. I am so glad the move went fairly well. Can't wait to see pictures of the house. Take care and we miss you.

Cheeky said...

Hey--how come this blog isn't up-to-date? What are you , pregnant? Just kidding--was thinking of you and wanted to check in and say "hi".
`Jenna