Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Second Grade

Morgan's first day of second grade at John F. Kennedy Elementary School.

I was very anxious this morning for Morgan. I never liked the first day of school. I also felt bad that she had to start a new school. There was so much unknown for her, but she seemed less nervous than me. I prayed for her throughout the day that she would feel confident and make a friend. I could hardly wait to pick her up from school to see how her day was.

I had to pry information out of her about her day. These are the few things I gathered:
*her class room is very small
*her teacher is nice
*the lunch room was confusing
*the playground was super small
*she made a friend

5 comments:

anne said...

Yay for her first day! She is so adorable. LOVE the bag.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad her first day went well. She looks so grown up. Hopefully she had more to report today. Yay for the friend....that's always a hard one.

Anonymous said...

Thrilled to hear all went well on the first day. Gosh, I've been doing the 'school scene' for 27 years now and I still get butterflies the first day:)

Loved seeing all of the goodies you are picking for the house. There sure are lots of decisions, but aren't they fun?!?!

Hope to have some news to share with you soon regarding Arizona.

Heather

Anonymous said...

No clue why it says 'anonymous'??? Must not be the technological expert I thought I was:)

Heather

Anonymous said...

Wow...yeah for Morgan. Hope she is adjusting well. We miss you! Hannah starts first grade on tuesday...all day...can't believe it.