Wednesday, July 2, 2008

July Already?

It is July, so that means that we have been in Iowa for a month. It is still so crazy to me that we actually live here. I look around and think whose house are we in? When will we be done visiting and go 'home'? The girls were sad the other night when they asked if we could go home and I said someone else was living in our Michigan house. They looked confused and I think it sunk in that we will never live in that house again. They saw a picture on the camera of our old house just before we moved and they wanted to just stare at it. I have to remind myself that it is only natural to miss what we had. We are in an adjustment time and who knows how long it will take for this to feel like home. Every time I talk to family or friends from Michigan, I wonder when I will see them again. I am confident that this is what we were meant to do, but I can still miss our old life.

The building process is moving along. We are so excited to build a house again and make all the design decisions. Today I meet with the architect and went over some plan changes. Once the plan is finalized, then the builder is ready to dig. He said we caught him at a good time because a few other projects are on hold because of weather. What do you think of black cabinets?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the black cabinets. Especially with that color scheme they were shown with. How exciting to plan your new home. Lots of decisions. It made me sad to hear the girls say they wanted to come home:( I think as they get to meet more people and school starts it will get easier. We miss you too :)Thanks for taking the time to blog, I love feeling connected. Hugs the kids for us.