Monday, June 23, 2008

Hello Dubuque, Iowa

The Timeline:
  • May 31, 2008 - We arrive at the rental house, which is smaller than our old house. It is only a few years old, so it is in nice condition just not my style. The girls love that there is an upstairs and a downstairs. I don't love it so much because all I do is watch Jett on the stairs. I do love the area and all the conveniences close by.
  • June 3, 2008 - The moving truck arrives with all our stuff and it takes the whole day to unload everything. The driver told me we had around 150 boxes plus all the big stuff that doesn't fit in a box. The basement was so packed that we only had a small path to walk through.
  • June 4-11, 2008 - Start unpacking, thunderstorms, more unpacking, more thunderstorms/tornado warning, more unpacking and more thunderstorms. Fortunately, Dubuque was not hit by all the flooding!
  • June 12, 2008 - Cable is installed. We can now watch TV and are connected to the internet. Isn't it sad that this is part of the important events.
  • June 14, 2008 - We met with a home builder. We decided that we would like to build another house and begin working with him on house plans.
  • June 15, 2008 - Father's Day. We have a park just down the road from us.
  • June 23, 2008 - Today.... Now I feel like I am up to date. The girls started Vacation Bible School at a church nearby. We have tried this two different church's (each one twice). Church shopping is so hard after we were spoiled with Ada Bible.

6 comments:

Cheeky said...

Hi Lisa! I'm so glad you're doing a blog so we can keep updated on your lives. Miss you tons and tons. I'm sorry I didn't get to see you before you left--life gets crazy doesn't it?

We're just back from a week at camp--so much fun.

http://scottsadoptionjourney.blogspot.com/

Here's our second blog--we're adopting a little boy from Ethiopia sometime in 2009--we hope! So, we've been busy--lots of paperwork.

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa...Glad to see you getting settled. I know how you feel about the church shopping. Are the girls enjoying VBS? Are you excited about your new house? I am for you. So much fun, but lots of decisions and choices. I will be praying you find a church where you can be an impact and visa versa. Fred says hi and give the kids a big hug from me. Gods blessings.

Jean said...

Hi Lisa! So glad to hear 1. you and everything made it safely 2. you didn't have flooding issues and 3. you're getting settled in! Miss seeing you at church and will be praying you find a great church home there!

Anonymous said...

Hey you! Reading this makes my eyes flood with tears. I miss you! So happy that things are falling into place and that you have a peace about all of it. love ya.

Anonymous said...

Hi Didelots. Thanks so much for doing a blog. I love to hear your news and see the pictures of the kids and your new life. We miss you terribly but are so happy everything is going so well. Great to chat with you the other day. Take care and give the kids a squeeze from us.

D, L, M, C, J and R said...

It is so good to hear from my Michigan friends. It has not fully sunk in that we really live in Iowa, I feel like we are just visiting. I miss all of you too!!!