Friday, July 25, 2008

Last Minute Trip

John Deere has what they call "shut down" this past week and next week. I think it is a time where they clean and repair things in the shop. They encourage employees to take a vacation during this time. David thought he would not take vacation, but use this 'quiet' time to get more work done. Well, David decided yesterday that he would like to take vacation time next week.

This has left me scrambling to get a trip to Michigan planned. I called my Mom and she said we were welcome to come up to their cottage on Torch Lake. We thought about taking the ferry across Lake Michigan, but the convenient times were not available - go figure. I am currently doing laundry, so I can pack clean clothes for the kids. At least the cottage has everything else and all I need to worry about bringing is clothes!

We will be leaving after lunch and are not sure how far we will drive. We may spend the night at my parent's house in Cascade and then drive the rest of the way on Saturday morning. Thank goodness for dvd players in the car!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW....please keep us posted as to when/if you make it to our area. We are going on vacation Sunday too. We are heading up north and will be back on Wed or Thurs.

Jean said...

happy vacationing!

Cheeky said...

When will you be in Cascade? I never got to say goodbye...I mean, see you later...

Anonymous said...

Miss you! If you end up in GR longer PLEASE call. Safe travels!

the pearson ANTiCS said...

ah! hope your drive goes well! too bad you weren't around yesterday...we could have grabbed you for dinner! enjoy, lisa :)

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! What is better than an unexpected/spur-of-the-moment vacation? Enjoy your time at the cottage, and if you stop down our way, please let us know.